DR. Girish R Masurkar
Dr. Girish Masurkar a Medical graduate from M. R. Medical College Gulaburga and Post Graduate In Ophthalmology from J. N. Medical College, Belgaum. He is working as an ophthalmic surgeon, since 1989, and is Managing Director of Shri Banashankari Eye Hospital in Bagalkot.
As an Ophthalmologist he is serving the patients coming from Bagalkot, Bijpaur, Raichur, Gadag and Belgaum. Shri Banashankari Eye Hospital is well equipped with Modern and state of art Machineries.
Dr. Girish Masurkar has conducted 70 free eye camps on his own and also in association with many social organizations like Rajasthan Yuvak Manal, Lions Club, Bharat Vikas Parishat, Ekal Vidyalaya, Akhil Karnataka Brahman Maha Sabha, along with Rotary & Inner Wheel Clubs.
He joined Rotary club in the year 1993 and has served in many capacities in the club. He was President in 2000-2001. A year of a create awareness and take action. During his President ship the club Membership strength showed a raise up to 100% from 27 Members to 54 Members. He was presented with Dist. Awards District Best Small Club, Citation Award, and Polio Award. He also received Best Club Service Award, Best in Public relation Award and Best Small Upcoming Club Rolling Trophy.
He has received The Rotary Foundation District Service Award twice. He has received “Club Builder Award” from Rotary international; He was GSR for ILKAL Club. He was GGR in 2001-02, Asst. Governor in 2004-05. He has served as a Chairman District Committee for various posts. He was member of Nominating Committee 2008-09. He was District Secretary in 2008-09. He has actively participated in District Assembly, Pet & Sets Seminars and many Dist. Programmes.
He has served as a Project Contact for 3 Matching Grants, two are Avoidable Blindness Project under which 400 Cataract Eye Operations were done free of cost. And another safe drinking water Project provided Four Bore Wells to needy Community.
He is attended Rotary Convention in Thailand.
He is associated with many Social, Professional & NGO’s.
- Actively participated during Governors Elect.Training Seminar at Chennai .
- Actively participated during International Assembly at Sandaigo
- Attended Rotary Training Programme “DISHA” @ Kolkatta
- Attended & Flag exchange at Adelaide, Australia
- Involvement in Other Social Activities and Other Service Projects
- President of Ekal Vidyalaya Bagalkot & its Activities.
- President of R.R. Computer Academy & its Activities.
- President of IMA did a Bio Medical Waste Facility which is only the second unit of this kind in whole of Karnataka.
- President of Local Association “Geleyar Balaga” & it’s Activities.
- Member of National Human Right Service.
- President of Bharat Vikas Parishad.
- Director of Ratnakar Souhardha Bank”.
- Member of Madhav Seva Kendra, Bagalkot.
- President of “Go Rakashana Samiti” & it’s Activities.
- President Akhila Karnataka Brahmana Mahasabha & it’s Activities.
- Organizing Chairman Adwaita Sammelan
- Secretory of Rangavittal Bhajana Mandali & it’s Activities.
- Appreciation letters from various organizations in recognition of his contribution to their organizations.
- Donation of Bore well to saint Xavier School, Guledgudd.
- Commitment to Humanity – Major Donor Level – I
He is Happily married to Ann Sandhya he has two children one Dr. Shravan is an Ophthalmologist and Daughter in law Dr. Ulka is an Ophthalmologist and Grand Daughter Nyra & Daughter Namrata (MDS) is a Dentist.